ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Object oriented builds
Date Sun, 23 Jun 2002 23:44:08 GMT
On Sun, 23 Jun 2002 23:01, Stephane Bailliez wrote:
> [...]

Naah there is no project/target inheritance in myrmidon. I believe I may have
been one of the people who initially vetoed that feature. This is less
inheritance and all that jazz, it is just defining a task in
terms of other tasks.However I find it more useful to think of it as defining
a new "build process" as a task.

It would be possible to implement inheritance in myrmidon as it is all fairly
pluggable however we have not yet gone down that path to test things out.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we
cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our
responsibilities." -Josiah Stamp