ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <>
Subject Re: Object oriented builds
Date Sun, 23 Jun 2002 13:32:44 GMT
On Sun, 23 Jun 2002 23:01, Stephane Bailliez wrote:
> [...]

Those vetos are sooo old.  I wonder if it'd still be vetoed, particularly
since we've had things like maven come along to demonstrate how much more
powerful it can be to define projects in high-level terms.

Something we've done in myrmidon, is to make the project model as pluggable as
possible.  So, even if, say, project/target inheritance is vetoed, it is easy
enough for someone to write their own project model that added it in.  They
could then chuck it in an antlib and share it with others.

A decent templating solution might be a good middle ground between the ant1
model, and built-in project/target inheritance.  It could provide the tools
you'd need to put together inheritance, without affecting the core project

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message