ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] axe DataType interface
Date Sun, 23 Jun 2002 08:19:03 GMT
On Sun, 23 Jun 2002 17:45, Peter Donald wrote:
> At 05:36 PM 6/23/2002 +1000, you wrote:
> > >
> > > Im not a fan of it - but you already knew that. In effect if we were to
> > > put this in we would be special casing the whole system. It would be
> > > better to do
> > >
> > > if( datatype ) doMagic();
> > > else doNormalStuff();
> >
> >Um, where would it be better to do this?  It's not real clear.
>
> No idea - thats your area of expertise ;)
>
> I had a brief look and it looks like the only place where role class is
> actually enforced is in InstantiatingServiceManager. Is there anywhere else
> that it is enforced?

MultiSourceTypeFactory also does a check.  Probably should be happening a
little closer to TypeManager, I guess.

The check is skipped if RoleInfo.getImplementationClass() returns null.  So, I
was thinking of adding something to the meta-info for the data-type role, so
that the class ends up getting set to null.  The policy is not hardcoded in
the container, but is defined by framework.  And being in the meta-info, can
be changed easy enough.

How does that sound?

--
Adam