ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] Ugly hacks galore
Date Sun, 23 Jun 2002 00:07:54 GMT
On Sat, 22 Jun 2002 16:19, Peter Donald wrote:
> At 03:35 PM 6/22/2002 +1000, you wrote:
> >On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:04, Peter Donald wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I just committed some ugly hacks galore to myrmidon. Ignore them -
> > > hopefully they will go away next tuesday ;) I played with a few things
> > > today morning but none of them work. What I was thinking of doing was
> > > extracting all the "data holding" classes and treating them specially.
> > > These classes being
> > >
> > > PropertyStore, TypeManager, RoleManager, and some sort of
> > > ServiceManager
> > >
> > > These are all the things that absolutely need to be scoped. They are
> > > pITA to implement as services and try to get them scoped and all that.
> > > So i was going to handle them specially.
> >
> >Is it going to be easy to add in new scoped services?
>
> Possibly ... do you see the need for any?

A scoped TaskEventManager would be a good thing to have.  Also, I'd like to
make the FileSystemManager a scoped service (or scope aware, at least), so
that it can do garbage collection when each scope is cleaned up.

> I would prefer there was no such things as they are nightmare to support.

Why is that?  We have to support them anyway, for properties and types.  Just
need to abstract a little.

--
Adam