ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] Ugly hacks galore
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2002 05:35:54 GMT
On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:04, Peter Donald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just committed some ugly hacks galore to myrmidon. Ignore them -
> hopefully they will go away next tuesday ;) I played with a few things
> today morning but none of them work. What I was thinking of doing was
> extracting all the "data holding" classes and treating them specially.
> These classes being
>
> PropertyStore, TypeManager, RoleManager, and some sort of ServiceManager
>
> These are all the things that absolutely need to be scoped. They are pITA
> to implement as services and try to get them scoped and all that. So i was
> going to handle them specially.

Is it going to be easy to add in new scoped services?

> I was also thinking of merging the TypeManager+RoleManager together.

Are you thinking of merging just the implementations, and leaving the
interfaces the same, or merging the service interfaces as well?

It might be a good thing to try to fuse the interfaces together, so that:

- There's some way to get at type meta-info, as can be done with RoleManager +
RoleInfo.
- There's some way to lookup a role using a shortname, as can be done with
TypeManager + TypeFactory.
- For the purposes of deploying, roles can be treated as meta-types, and
deployed the same way as types.

--
Adam