ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problems with ReplaceRegex
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:41:34 GMT
--- Lou Fox <loufox@cloud9.net> wrote:
> I'm using 1.5beta2.  The files are currently close to a gig.  And they
> are growing.  I have no problem with using foreach, but I don't see how
> it would help.

Well, it would've helped with the way I was going to suggest you do it --
but if your files are that huge, using <loadfile> probably isn't going to
be such a good idea.

So the other option (which would still need <foreach>, until [if] I add
<fileset> support) is to use the <scrunch> task I've written (its class
name is DeleteBlankLines -- I just <taskdef>'d it as "scrunch", since it's
shorter to type and more fun :) Unfortunately, at the moment, it's failing
to rename the temp file to the original file, and I have no idea why
(yet), which means it's pretty much useless at the moment -- but other
than that, it works like a champ :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)