ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] Deployer
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:11:41 GMT
On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 12:46, Peter Donald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Someone was asking about the Deployer stuff and I went and was looking over
> it. One thing I noticed that gave off a bad whiff was the fact that
> DefaultDeployer is a scoped service. The main reason for this (I believe?)
> is that it holds onto the RoleRegistry/TypeManager.

Yep.

Though, something else that a scoped deployer allows is the use of different
TypeDeployers for a particular role in different execution frames.  Can't
really see why we'd need that.  Maybe if we were to support different roles
of the same name in different execution frames (eg different versions of the
same antlib).

> However I was thinking that the it would be nicer if instead of being
> scoped it may be nicer to pass in a TaskContext like
>
> typeDeployer = deployer.createDeployer( myLib, namespace, myTaskContext );
> or
> deployer.deployType( namespace, myTaskContext, typeDef );
>
> This would allow us work with a single deployer across whole runtime. This
> deployer would then access the TypeManager/RoleRegistry from
> TaskContext.getService() and it "feels" a lot nicer.
>
> Thoughts?

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe ExecutionFrame would be a better option
than TaskContext?

--
Adam