ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bogdan Mitu <bogdan...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: ANTLR task improvements
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:27:03 GMT
Hi Erik,

Thank you for your time. I finally elucidated the mystery of .antlr.tmp
files. ANTLR 2.7.2 incorporates a mechanism to avoid the generation of files
identical to existing ones (and therefore avoiding unnecessary
recompilation). It uses a brute-force approach: writes the output in some
temporary files, then check the identity of contents with existing files. If
existing files are identical to newly generated ones, they are not
overwritten. Unfortunately, there is a bug that prevents the temporary files
to be deleted in the end. The bug is known and will be fixed in a future
release.

Regards,
Bogdan