ant-dev mailing list archives

From Darrell DeBoer <darr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - myrmidon-api
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2002 11:36:48 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002 17:45, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Jun 2002, Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:
> > Stefan - Can you figure this one out?
>
> Not really, but ...

[snip...]

> So the AntClassLoader#initialize call succeds but the Class#newInstance
> method fails.  initialize will try to invoke a constructor that isn't
> there and can probably only resolve classes that your class is known
> to depend on.
>
> You may want to add a no-arg constructor to AntlibDescriptorTask, I
> bet there are some classes your xdoclet version needs missing from the
> system classpath (remember build.sysclasspath is set to only).

I'm not sure it's that simple, unfortunately. AntlibDescriptorTask already has
a no-arg constructor, and I can replicate this problem without setting the
build.sysclasspath property, simply by including jars in the system classpath
(identical to the ones referenced in the build).

I've attached a simple shell script which, when run from the
jakarta-ant-myrmidon/api directory, gives us the same NoClassDefFoundError on
Class.newInstance(). Basically, if I run the build with an empty classpath it
succeeds, but if I add all of the XDoclet jars to my classpath, I get the
error seem in the GUMP runs. (These are the exact same XDoclet jars which are
referenced by the build) I'm hoping that someone has seen a problem like this
before...

Any hints? I'll have a look at this a bit more tomorrow.

ciao
Daz

--
ciao,