ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ernst de Haan <ern...@nl.euro.net>
Subject [SUBMIT] Xinclude task
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 16:45:33 GMT
Hi all,

Here's an XInclude task, based on elharo's XInclude engine (thanks Elliot!).

In order to compile Ant with this task, do the following:
(1) make sure youi have jakarta-ant from CVS
(2) apply the attached build.xml.diff patch to jakarta-ant/build.xml
(3) apply the attached defaults.properties.diff to
jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/defaults.properties
(4) put the attached XIncludeTask.java in
jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional
(5) download macfaq-xinclude.jar from
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~znerd/macfaq-xinclude.jar or download
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~znerd/macfaq-xinclude.jar-1.0d8.tar.gz and build
the JAR yourself
(6) Make sure macfaq-xinclude.jar is in your CLASSPATH.
(7) Rebuild Ant with commands like 'cd jakarta-ant' and 'ant clean main'
(8) Unzip the attached ant-xinclude.example.tar.gz. It contains a single
directory named 'ant-xinclude-example' and in there:
* build.xml
* sample.xml
* head.xml
* body.xml
The sample.xml file includes body.xml and head.xml.
(9) Run the newly built Ant inside the directory. It generates a file called
out.xml that contains the contents of sample.xml with body.xml and head.xml
in it. The example is very straight-forward.

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
EuroNet Internet B.V.

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ