ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ernst de Haan <ern...@nl.euro.net>
Subject Re: Hostname property: HostnameTask.java or Project.java patch
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 08:03:30 GMT
> We need to run these tests on some boxes off the network, probably even a
> win95 box, just to make sure that none of the net calls cause long delays
> or other wierd things. Which is why I want it as a separate task; if the
> probe does disrupt off-lan systems, we dont want to run it every build. (or
> indeed slow down all the builds that dont need to know the hostname)

I can do tests on:

(a) FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE and JDK 1.1.8
(b) FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE and JDK 1.2.2, green threads, nojit
(c) FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE and JDK 1.3.1-p6, green threads, nojit

That's on my worklstation. And if really necessary I could bother testing on
some of the following platforms as well:

(d) Solaris 6 and JDK 1.2.1_03a, native threads, sunwjit
(e) Solaris 6 and JDK 1.3.0, mixed mode
(f) Solaris 8 and JDK 1.2.2_05a, native threads, sunwjit
(g) Linux 2.4.18 and JDK 1.1.8
(h) Linux 2.4.18 and JDK 1.3.1-b24, mixed mode
(i) Darwin 1.3 (Mac OS/X) and JDK 1.3.0, mixed mode

But they're all connected to the net. :-\

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
EuroNet Internet B.V.

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ