ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] cleaning up services
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 08:06:47 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002 11:57, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There's a few places where we're not cleaning up services:
>
> - Scoped services in partitioned execution frames.
> - Services created by a workspace.
> - Task listeners.
>
> Any thoughts on the best way of dealing with these?  We have a couple of
>
> For execution frame and workspace, a cleanup method might be better.  Main
> reason is that it is their clients, rather than the container, that need to
> inform them that they're no longer needed.

How about "void close()" instead as that seems to fit in more with what you
are doing (ie deallocating resource rather than "cleaning" it to prepare for
reuse).

> For listeners, being on the other side of the task api, we really shouldn't
> use Disposable.  Which leaves a cleanup method, which the event manager
> would be responsible for calling when it gets disposed.

Why do you think that the EventManager should call close? My initial instinct
would be to make it a responsibility of the caller. I could quite easily see
the same listener reused after embeddor is shutdown and restarted. Thoughts?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald