ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Modifying Ant reporting behaviour when javac fails
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 02:09:37 GMT
--- Shorn Tolley <shorntolley@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> That way ties two separate modules together by the content of an error
> string.  In terms of making that a part of Ant, that would make the
> overrall structure of ant more rigid.

Wasn't suggesting it become part of Ant, since it's highly unlikely that
it ever would (although I'm not sure what you mean by it affecting "the
overall structure", since it's just a logger). And I'm afraid your
suggested change to Javac is also unlikely to ever get accepted, since all
it takes is one -1, and I'm gonna guess there'd be at least that.

> In terms of a custom solution, I would then have to configure every
> project with that custom class, and supply that custom class somewhere.

Well, you're going to have to customize something somewhere along the line
to get the behaviour you're looking to get. And a custom logger would be
considerably easier to deal with than a customized Javac.java (I know, I
had one for quite some time, along with a custom Target.java and
DefaultLogger.java, and upgrades were a PITA).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)