ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Lou Fox" <lou...@cloud9.net>
Subject Re: Problems with ReplaceRegex
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 17:55:30 GMT
I'm really sorry but I'm not having any luck still.  I added the following
string to my properties file.
<property name="ant.regexp.regexpimpl"
value="org.apache.tools.ant.util.regexp.JakartaOroRegexp" />
Just for future knowledge where in the documentation does it say that this
is how to set an optional task to use a specific class?
Here's my code:

<replaceregexp
   byline="true"
   flags="i,s"
   match="^.*\.(gif|jpg|js|ram)\^.*\n"
   replace="">
   <fileset refid="unzippedfiles" />
  </replaceregexp>

All of the following has not worked for me:
- flags="i,s" - From the documentation I thought the s flag would match a .
with end of line characters.  Thus I thought
match="^.*\.(gif|jpg|js|ram)\^.*" would have worked for me.
- \n - I thought was all that was needed for ORO
- \r\n - This fine in perl

I'm really sorry for being so persistent, but I've only been using ant for
the past month, so some of this maybe newbie mistakes.

P.S. If I'm successful I can get the company that I work for to move away
from bat, perl, and many manual process and start using a tool that is meant
for managing the movement of files across various systems.  If there is
anything I can do to help I'll be more then glad to do it.  As is I'm
already trying to compile the src, so I can step through it by using jdb.