ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <>
Subject Re: Ant version check for optional.jar
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 20:55:34 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephane Bailliez" <>
To: "Ant Developers List" <>
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 10:45 AM
Subject: Re: Ant version check for optional.jar

> > I'm not proposing a full fancy manifest that we all have to agree on;
> > would just be for ant's internal diagnostics: we would not support this
> for
> > add on tasks.
> Good idea.

thinking about it, we could do a diagnostics.xml that does most of this

-use <available classname> to look for files; base this off ant's build.xml

-use <available> on the path to look for exes (yeah, I just rememembered all
those 'CVS gives IOError 2' bugreps.

-sets properties
-echoproperties outs the results

this would be a good support call handler tool; say 'can you run this' and
look at the results. Maybe not as clean as a built in service, but it lets
us do it as an add on to ant1.5

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message