ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Lou Fox" <lou...@cloud9.net>
Subject Re: Problems with ReplaceRegex
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:57:16 GMT
The problem is strictly the end of line termination character.  If I leaves
off the \r\n it will match all of the line except the \r\n at the end of the
line.  The $ acts as if there isn't a \r\n in the regular expression, and
thus matches the entire line except the \r\n at the end of the line as well.
I was hoping that the author, Mathew Inger would look into this, but I'm
going to try to debug it myself.  It'll be a great learning experience since
I never debugged an application this large before.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Newton" <snewton@standard.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>; "Lou Fox"
<foulox@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 4:36 PM
Subject: RE: Problems with ReplaceRegex

It should be fairly straightforward to resolve, though I recommend
getting a good reference on regexes if you're going to be doing
this thing a lot.

First, instead of \r\n use $, this will match the end of line no matter
what platform.  Second, I'm guessing the other two backslashes in the
expression need to be escaped out.  So, try this one:

   match="^.*\\.(gif|jpg|js|ram)\\^.*$"