ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: optional means only "not part of core; submitted by others" -- it's in current distribution of 1.4* and 1.5(Beta)
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 00:06:19 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anli Shundi" <ashundi@tibco.com>
To: "Ant-Dev (E-mail)" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 7:26 AM
Subject: optional means only "not part of core; submitted by others" -- it's
in current distribution of 1.4* and 1.5(Beta)

> optional means only "not part of core; submitted by others" -- it's in
> current distribution of 1.4* and 1.5(Beta)

well, we could pull it out of the distro if you want consistency, but then
you would have to field all the support calls related to "I cant get
<task-foo> to work" when the root cause is that they dont have optional.jar
downloaded. We include it in the distro (with much more detailed error
messages) to avoid these support calls, leaving only the 'nobody told me it
needed junit.jar" as well calls.

Your option :)