ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Ara Abrahamian" <ara_...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Javadoc cleanup for task reference generation
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 19:35:31 GMT
Just a suggestion:

You can use jrefactory's <pretty/> task to enforce this kind of
coding/javadocing conventions. The difference between checkstyle and
pretty is that checkstyle only checks the code but pretty actually makes
it prettier :-) It can automatically put "Sets the {0} attribute of ..."
for setters and so on. It can automatically format the code according to
a coding convention file you set up. We're using it in XDoclet with
great success. You can't find a single line of code which is code
convention incompatible although it's done by different guys. It's
active (like xdoclet, you put it in your build), and smart enough to
skip cvs-unmodified files and files which are not newer than the
compiled ones.

PS: Of course it can't strip away "Sets the" prefix from your setters
now that they are there :-)

Ara.