ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Ant.java
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 07:12:33 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Correct me if I am wrong but the snipped of code below is
> > reproducing code that we already have in the Project API.
>
> Is almost reproducing, yes.
>
> > Intead we just need to call here:
> >
> >       +                newProject.setNewProperty(arg, value);
>
> And get a warning message for each and every user-property.  This is
> the reason I've duplicated the code.

Sorry, I forgot to make my actual coment. Eventhough as you say you need
to do the "if" to avoid the warning. I would suggest you still call Project.setNewProperty().

Yes, its implementation will do the if again. But I think it is more important to keep the
code
free of Project.setProperty() calls.

Would you consider doing that?

Jose Alberto