ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2002 20:35:31 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Conor MacNeill" <>

> wrote:
> > conor       2002/06/09 03:04:07
> >
> >   Modified:    src/main/org/apache/tools/ant Tag: ANT_15_BRANCH
> >
> >   Log:
> >   Allow RuntimeConfigurable to be reused
> >   Do not replace UnknownElements with their actual class so
> >   get recreated.
> >
> This is a change for a pretty major bug in the current beta. Any
> redefinition of a task in a taskdef will cause all such tasks to be run
> without being configured. It is a side effect of the task invalidation
> Anyway, this change fixes the problem and all test cases pass.
> as with any change in this area of Ant, it is probably worth being
> scrutinised by as many eyes as possible. In particular the removal of the
> code which replaces the unknown element with its actual class. I'm not
> what other side effects this may cause.

I plan on taking a look at this in the near future, particularly in the
context of this bug:

I haven't tried it yet - but any thoughts on whether you just fixed that in
the process too?

Nice work, Conor.

Speaking of "future" - what is the time table for future Ant 1.5 betas or
final release?  I'll take a look at the bug list this coming week to see if
there are any I can address.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message