ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: more undocumented attrs
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2002 12:07:33 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>

> > btw maybe we should use something like @ant.internal=true ?
>
> Maybe we should only expose setters that could function as XML attributes
> that really should be!  :))

It is there for internal use only this is all the options that could be
available from the command line but that are sometimes undocumented or not
really well documented or useless. I just made put them all and documented
only those that are useful. So it is difficult to not expose setters...while
I could need to use them for debugging quickly the output from the
buildfile. They are just not documented, what is not documented is subject
to change without notice. :)

> But we have a fall-back in the proposal/xdocs right now,
> @ant.[attribute|element] ignore="true" and those attributes are not fed to
> the XDoclet template.

ok

> On a related note, I'm still using the old XDoclet and have not upgraded.
> Upgrading will require lots of refactoring because the API changed.  I'll
> bite that bullet after 1.5 is released and we can then start seriously
> discussing how to go about auto-generating docs, which, again, will likely
> have an impact on how we write tasks to some extent.

I will have first to look into XDoclet :)

Stephane