ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject [NOTIFICATION] Changes in 1.5 Release Plan
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:18:40 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Magesh Umasankar <umagesh@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > If you think so, then instead of preparing RC1, I will
> > prepare beta3
>
> What is the difference (for you, to me they are just names 8-).

:-)  Yes and No.  There are a few minor extra tasks
that I need to carry out if it is the final release -
primarily updates to FAQ, etc. as we had planned
in the ReleaseInstructions.

> > RC1 will be postponed to July 7th. ok?
>
> A week less would be OK with me as well.

A week late, you mean?  Just to be clearer,
here is the revised plan I propose:

12:00 Noon EST of June 21: Freeze commits to CVS.
Afternoon EST June 22: Release 1.5 Beta3, CVS Merge, Open up CVS.

12:00 Noon EST of July 5: Freeze Commits to CVS.
Afternoon EST July 6: Make 1.5RC1 available for vote, CVS Merge, Open up
CVS.
July 10: Assuming vote passes, release RC1 as 1.5 Final.

> Stefan

Cheers,
Magesh

*  Compromise: The art of dividing a cake in such a  *
*  way that everybody believes others too got the    *
*  same small size pieces.                           *