ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Javadoc cleanup for task reference generation
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 12:04:18 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Loughran" <steve_l@iseran.com>

> Maybe the trick would be to strip 'sets' out from javadocs when generating
> the end user stuff.

I could do that, no problem.  I think it would be better without the "Sets"
personally. Compare what we have in our HTML docs on a task versus what we
have for the corresponding setters Javadoc comments.  We don't say "Sets" in
the HTML docs - so I figured having them be exactly what we want the docs to
say would be the cleanest.

Generally speaking, having a setDir method with the comment saying "sets the
dir attribute" is not very useful anyway, so they really should say more
than the obvious.

> NB, one little extra exercise from this javadoc/xdocs project could be a
> quickref card, maybe even a poster size one. Anyone fancy a quick XSLT
> exercise?

Yes indeed!  That would be slick.  Or DVSL for that matter... *nudge nudge*
Bill.

    Erik