ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: more undocumented attrs
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2002 16:38:17 GMT
>>from maudit.java:
>>
>>    public void setQuiet(boolean flag)
>>    public void setExit(boolean flag)
>>    public void setOffsets(boolean flag)
>.>    public void setVerbose(boolean flag)
>.    public void setFullsemanticize(boolean flag)
>>
>>Which of these should be docoe'd as attributes in the html/javadocs? And
>>what should I say about them?

>None of them. Internal/Testing use only. This will break the reporting
>otherwise.

>btw maybe we should use something like @ant.internal=true ?

OK, they will have messages like

    /**
     * flag to suppress copyright and summary messages; default false.
     * internal/testing only
     * @ant.attribute ignore="true"
     */
    public void setQuiet(boolean flag) {
        this.quiet = flag;
    }

on the subject of the maudit tasks, I will note that MParse looks like it
could be refactored to extend AbstractMetamataTask, rather than plain Task,
for which I have added another @todo item.

-----

On the subject of XDoclet, it matters in Gump builds, as it is highly
unstable right now, but the new version will be so much faster it will be
worth it. I use a frozen copy in SCM, but it irritates me that the
<webdoclet> process is the slowest part of my build.