ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/docs/manual/OptionalTasks jpcoverage.html
Date Sun, 23 Jun 2002 07:59:03 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: <stevel@apache.org>

>   Modified:    docs/manual/OptionalTasks Tag: ANT_15_BRANCH
jpcoverage.html
>   Log:
>   I'm not sure I fully understand the function of the enabled tag, because
it not a simple 'use this filter' if enabled=true thing, the enabled flag
becomes part of the argument to jprobe. Someone who knows the task will need
to correct the docs.

I'm sorry but I don't understand a word about you say here...

The 'enabled' flag is just to say whether this filter (include or exclude)
will be enabled...
I did not document it because I felt this was not really useful in the case
of the Ant task because it's easy and clear to disable a filter...you just
have to comment the element. While in the command line since it is a list of
comma separated strings, it makes sense.

>   As an aside, ant:tdg does list this flag, so they did look at the code
in places after all, just never bothered to file a bugrep when they found
something missing. Sigh. They just never looked at EchoTask :)

what's ant:tdg ?