ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reactivating Antidote Project!
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:56:56 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Armond Avanes <armond333@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Just wanted to know whether or not anyone is
> > interested in reactivating Antidote project and
> > develop a useful and handy Ant front-end.
>
> Well, all the infrastructure is there, the only thing missing is
> people who work on it - as far as I can tell.
>
> > Christoph, Craig and me are the first volunteers and
> > are going to gather as a team.
>
> Christoph (I assume we are talking about the same Christoph) already
> is a committer to both Ant and Antidote, let's see patches and I'm
> sure Antidote can be revived.
>
> I don't like doing GUI stuff myself, but I'll certainly help with all
> infrastructure things you need.  I'd ask you to not work outside of
> Antidote's CVS too much - get your code in so that as many people as
> possible can look at and comment on it.

I would propose to keep Antidote focused on GUI components that can be
reused in different IDEs, and have a simple interface itself, but without
focusing on it.

I have a simple GUI framework based on Avalon that is in OS.

Contact me if you are interested to use it as a framework so to be able to
focus more on the GUI components.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -