ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Questions about Ant
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 04:15:30 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michel CASABIANCA" <casa@sweetohm.net>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2002 16:40
Subject: Questions about Ant

> Hi all
>
> I am writing an article about Ant and have three questions about it:
>
> o Who wrote the first version of Ant ?

James Duncan Davidson., "the author in exile".

> o When should the version 2 be released (I know that some of you may
>   answer "When it's ready", but there should be an estimation of the
>   release date) ?

no date. Ant1.5 comes out around the end of this month. we havent really
begun coding 2.0 yet, though there are two prototypes underway that could
provide the codebase for it.

> o I remind that Ant was first part of the Tomcat project, and thus
>   labelled following the version number of Tomcat (version 1.0 came
>   after the 3.1). Is that correct ?

What Tomcat 3.1 released as ant 1.0 was really ant 0.9; the real '1.0'
release was ant 1.1. Clear?

> I noticed also that my collection of Ant tasks located at:
>
>   http://www.sweetohm.net/html/sat.en.html
>
> is not in the list of external tasks at:
>
>   http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/external.html

well, edit external.xml in the CVS tree, send in a patch and we will add it.

I'd like to see your article. Send out a copy before it is published and i
will sanity check it. Too many ant articles are written by people that dont
understand ant in depth, and they propagate misconceptions.

-steve