ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Curt Arnold" <carn...@houston.rr.com>
Subject Re: Reactivating Antidote Project!
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2002 20:01:51 GMT
I've been looking at the Eclipse project (http://www.eclipse.org) over the
last week for an unrelated reason, but one of the things that came to my
mind was that it would be fairly straight-forward to add Ant-specific
editors and viewers to the framework.  Maybe the same could be said about
Forte/NetBeans but I haven't been down there too much.  I know there is some
Ant support in Eclipse, but it only seems to only support running Ant
scripts and doesn't have any Ant specific viewers or editors.

For me I would love launch Eclipse (or Forte or whatever), select File Open
and load an Ant file, have a tree view that had a hierarchy of targets,
tasks, filesets and members of the filesets.  If I clicked on a task, I'd
get an editor specific to that task (or a generic text/XML viewer if one
could not be located).  I could also click on a java file that was in the
fileset for the javac task and display a java source code editor.

To me, it seems that if you'd restart Antidote, you'd eventually want to end
up with something like a full IDE with resource specific editors and the
like, so it might be better to start with an IDE with resource specific
editors and add the Ant specific editors and viewers to it.