ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Fw: [Xdoclet-devel] @tags and javadoc 1.4 warnings
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 05:30:41 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <costinm@covalent.net>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 21:38
Subject: Re: Fw: [Xdoclet-devel] @tags and javadoc 1.4 warnings

> Erik,
>
> Are you involved in the xdoclet project ? Can you take a look at gump
> status, and maybe do something about it ? All tomcats are now failing
> since mx4j depends on xdoclet.

Xdoclet is pretty unstable right now, but they are trying to do something
ambitious: replace javadoc with something faster.

if the gump is building off CVS_HEAD, I am not surprised it is failing.

> ( it seems a very usefull tool, I plan to use it in connectors,
> and I think it would be usefull for ant task development and many
> other things )

oh, its great all round. I use it for
-taglibs
-servlets
-struts

One of these days I'll sit down and do the markup to generate Axis
descriptors too.