ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Tulley" <JTUL...@novell.com>
Subject Re: Crimson hard coded into junit
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 19:35:09 GMT
I had this exact exception happen on my home machine, and I am pretty
darn sure that I do not have j2ee.jar in my classpath.  I eventually
went with junit.fork=true, and live with it being slower.  I was going
to give you all some feedback for documentation improvements in this
area (at very least), but work got too busy for me.

I think there still might be a crimson / xerces problem here, since
what I was doing was running a test that used xerces(I think), and junit
was wanting crimson.  I also had versioning problems on my machine - at
least two different xerces.

With the information that you have given about it being a classpath API
clash(I figured as much), I'll re-run this at home and see if there is
anything that can be determined and / or fixed.

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
http://www.novell.com

>>> steve_l@iseran.com 5/1/02 1:32:27 PM >>>

> > I dunno what is happening now; erik is saying 'worksforme'. I say
ship,
we
> > can deal with bugreps by saying 'add crimson' without changing the
code

I have fully fixed my problem here; here is the problem.

1. j2ee.jar is in the test classpath
2. junit fork=false

j2ee jar has too much stuff, not just an old version of jasper, but a
fair
bit of the java apis, and that was confusing stuff no end, but only
inside
the junit task :

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking
org/w3c/dom/Document class
 at
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.newDocumentBuilder(Docume
ntBuilderFactoryImpl.java:82)
 at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLJUnitResultFormatter.getDocu
mentBuilder(XMLJUnitResultFormatter.java:93))

So what we are seeing is that somehow the classpath inside junit is
breaking
the junit task itself...