ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject XMLCatalog and bootstrap
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 08:44:15 GMT
Erik, could you please either add Xalan or revert the patch.

I'm not vetoing that you put Xalan in, but I really don't like it as a
bootstrap requirement for Ant.  If there is a different solution, I'd
prefer it.  But we need a quick fix - no Gump run and no "nightly build"
for the 1.5 branch until the situation is fixed.

We will also need to add another dependency to Gump, be prepared for a
very yellow next Gump run as soon as Craig's patch gets merged into
the main branch.

Finally, whoever is +1 on putting in Xalan should also accept the
implied burden to keep it current.  +1 doesn't only mean "good idea",
but also "I'll help".

Stefan