ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proxy support in Ant
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 08:13:10 GMT
On Thu, 02 May 2002, François Wolff <ejen@noos.fr> wrote:

> I have written also a patch for the next 1.5 release of Ant (based
> on the org.apache.tools.ant.Project class, revision 1.108).

This is the one I had a look at.  Ant 1.x is supposed to be JDK 1.1
compatible (and even Ant2 will settle on 1.2, not 1.3).  Do you see
any chance to rewrite your changes so that they use refelection and
compile/run using JDK 1.1?

> I think it could be very interesting to add Proxy support in the
> next release of Ant, because use of Proxys can be very useful when
> adapting existing API to specific Ant constraints (create...,
> set...).

Supporting it as an option is OK, but it cannot become part of Ant's
core.

Cheers

        Stefan