ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JPackage-devel] FW: jakarta ant 1.4.1/1.5 ant script
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 09:54:18 GMT
On 02 May 2002, Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mailhot@laposte.net> wrote:
> Le jeu 02/05/2002 à 11:33, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :
>>
>> "Ant's" is not and this is for a reason - JAVA_HOME/lib/ext isn't
>> recursive either.
>
> Ok. If you really think being recursive is bad, that's just a switch
> in find.

We should do that.  We also need to check whether it does what we want
it to do on Cygwin (I cannot test it myself).

> However I'm not sure that in ant lib context it wouldn't be a good
> thing.

At least one proposal for Ant's future of task libraries would be
broken if we'd make it recursive.  The idea was to have subdirectories
in ANT_HOME/lib and use different class loaders per subdirectory.  The
last thing you'd want would be that these classes would all end up on
the system classloader as well.

> I will try to solve any sticking points you raise till the whole
> thing ends up in ant cvs:)

Great.

* You need to merge in Diane's Darwin hack (of course I can do that
myself, but as you are volunteering 8-)

* The default location for java-functions should be in ANT_HOME/bin,
not ANT_HOME/lib

* we need your version of java-functions to commit it at the same time
8-)

* putting tools.jar at the front rather then the end of CLASSPATH at
least needs some more discussion.  I cannot see any problems with
this approach, but maybe others do.

Stefan