ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject <echoproperties> and JDK 1.2
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 13:15:21 GMT
After Matt's report that he failed to bootstrap with JDK 1.2, I've
installed it on my box to see whether there might by any other
problems lingering around - there certainly were.

One problem I've found right now is that the testEchoToLog testcase
for <echoproperty> fails as it expects "test.property=is set" but gets
"test.property=is\ set".  It is Properties#store escaping the spaces
in values.

Right now I'm simply planning to use a test-value without spaces to
make the test pass.

If Ingmar and Matt are rewriting the output methods, this may be
something they may want to deal with inside of Ant, (i.e. not-using
Properties#store at all) - just an idea.

Stefan