ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build failure on OS X (from anoncvs checkout)
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 11:59:36 GMT
On Fri, 17 May 2002, Ian McFarland <ian@neo.com> wrote:
> On Friday, May 17, 2002, at 01:19  AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> You should make them give you an Xserve.

Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with MacOS X to know what you mean.  I
have to take what we have, though 8-):

bash-2.05$ uname -a
Darwin moof.apache.org 5.2 Darwin Kernel Version 5.2: Fri Dec  7 21:39:35 PST 2001; root:xnu/xnu-201.14.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC
 Power Macintosh powerpc

> Ah... perhaps. I suppose I should look more carefully at what I'm
> checking out. ;-) How are the versions set up?

The main branch (what you get when you don't specify a branch name) is
1.6alpha.  Here new features are allowed to be added, while we have a
separate branch that is there to stabilize Ant 1.5.  Bug fixes get
currently applied in the 1.5 branch only.

So if you want to work on 1.5 you'd do

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co -r ANT_15_BRANCH jakarta-ant

What I see now is that I'm unable too bootstrap Ant there because I'm
not running in a graphical mode, at least this is my interpretation of

kCGErrorFailure : initCGDisplayState: No display interlock

Any idea how I could solve this?

Stefan