ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: why rmic task doesn't support selector?
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 07:16:53 GMT
On Mon, 27 May 2002, Bruce Atherton <bruce@callenish.com> wrote:

> The Rmic task claims to be an implicit fileset,

to support an implicit fileset.

> it extends MatchingTask. MatchingTask exists for the sole purpose of
> allowing tasks to act as if they were filesets without actually
> inheriting from AbstractFileset.

As if they supported an implicit fileset.  MatchingTask predates
FileSet by several months.

> I assume this is all here for hysterical reasons,

historical, but I like hysterical ;-)

>    1) Extend MatchingTask to support all the selector stuff by
>    implementing SelectorContainer

+1

>    2) Extend MatchingTask to support a nested <fileset> element, and
>    tell people who want to use selectors to use an explicit
>    <fileset>

No, leave that up to the task writers to decide whether they want to
deal with multiple filesets.  Extending MatchingTask means "I'll
support exactly one fileset, not zero and not more than one".

Stefan