ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 1.6 alpha build problems
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 13:43:58 GMT
On Mon, 6 May 2002, Matt Albrecht <matt.albrecht@zilliant.com> wrote:

> 1. o.a.t.a.taskdefs.optional.extention.Extension.java references
> some java.util.jar attributes that don't exist in JDK 1.2, but work
> fine in JDK 1.4.

This should be fixed in CVS now - well, not fixed but I've committed a
workaround.  I'm sure Peter will take care that 1.2 becomes supported.

> 2. I tried out the "build.compiler=extJava" property.  JDK 1.1
> doesn't like this.  It looks like the <javac> sticks all the
> compiler options in a file, and uses an "@filename" style argument
> passing in the executable invocation.

Only if your command line would be getting too long otherwise.

> JDK 1.1 doesn't support this.

True, should be fixed now - but only in the ANT_15 branch.

> In fact, a quick check of all the JDK javac options looks like none
> of the JDK compilers support this.

<http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/tooldocs/solaris/javac.html>
says 1.2's javac does (and the same is true for my local copy of the
1.3 and 1.4 tool docs 8-).

Stefan