ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Ant on java 1.4
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 06:14:43 GMT
On Wed, 15 May 2002, Steve Loughran <> wrote:

> The junit build file must be setting build.compiler=classic, which
> we are correctly recognising as wrong, and halting.

Gump could override this with a <property> in the Gump workspace that
set's build.compiler explicitly - but there may be cases where you
know that the compiler is not just a matter of taste but really a
requirement to make the compilation pass.

> Should we try and go the other way, recognise when there is no
> classic compiler and request 'modern'?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message