ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: classloader for factories
Date Sat, 18 May 2002 01:30:06 GMT
On Fri, 17 May 2002, Keith Wannamaker wrote:

> I'm wondering if this idea has been considered--
> creating an internal a classloader for ant to use when
>
> That way, the classpath info could go in the build file, rather
> than requiring the user to set up his classpath with extensions
> and prereqs prior to running ant.  I'm looking at the
> JSPCompilerAdaptorFactory in particular, but the same loader
> could be used by all the Factories.

In most cases you don't need to set the classpath - the only
special situation is when a library doesn't use the thread loader,
but most have been fixed.

You can define a class loader and then use it in the taskdef.
If you use 'resource', all tasks that are defined in the
resource will be loaded in the same loader.

That works fine - take a look at 3.3 admin or test,
or jk2 build file.

Is there anything specific you have problems with ?

Costin