ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Task.setRuntimeConfigurableWrapper()
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 19:27:08 GMT

setRuntimeConfigurableWrapper() is currently protected, and used from
RuntimeConfigurable which is in the same packet.

Using a class that extends RuntimeConfigurable allows a ProjectHelper to
use SAX2 or extend the property replacement alghoritm or do any other
fancy thing with the parsing.

Unfortunately that won't work unless the method is made public, or
the extended RuntimeConfigurable is put in the same package ( which
will brake Sealing and is ugly ).

Is it ok to change it to public ? Do you have any better sugestion that
would avoid that call ?

( I'll check in a modified ProjectHeloper2 using RuntimeConfigurable2
to better show how I would like to use it )

Costin