ant-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: the tomcat 4.1 ant tasks
Date Mon, 20 May 2002 06:00:06 GMT

And this should apply to properties, tasks, types, targets....anything
else?

We've done this manually in Maven, as we're using Ant 1.4.1 as our base,
but some support from ant in this regard would be very helpful.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

                    Adam Murdoch

                    <adammurdoch@a       To:     "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

                    pache.org>           cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: the tomcat 4.1 ant tasks

                    05/20/02 03:54

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to "Ant

                    Developers

                    List"

On Mon, 20 May 2002 15:32, Steve Loughran wrote:

> I am thinking, maybe we should intro the notion of 'reserved' tasknames,
> binding them to a reserved task that simply throws a 'reserved' exception
> if used. That way in ant1.5 we can pencil out a few task names that we
have
> plans for in the near future, without creating conflicts down the wire.

Some kind of namespace support might be a better option (for ant1.6, that
is).
Then we don't have to try to guess which names we need to reserve.  We just

use whatever names we need to, and the namespace stuff provides a way to
reference the tasks when there's collisions.

--
Adam