ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith Wannamaker" <Ke...@Wannamaker.org>
Subject RE: Tomcat precompile task
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 22:46:47 GMT
Ok, I ended up creating two classes-
(1) one compilerAdaptor which wraps JspC:
     - compiles one-at-a-time, making use of -c option to name output class
     - mangler maps .jsp -> _1.java

(2) one Task which generates .ver files with the appropriate version
    for class files of the form name_nnn.class

Used together, these tasks allow Ant to populate the work directory of
Tomcat with precompiled files.

http://apache.org/~keith/

What I would like to know--
1)  this is my first stab at Ant extensions -- am I doing anything silly?
and
2)  any objection to putting both these classes in Tomcat 3.3-head at
    org.apache.tomcat.build?  Maybe org.apache.tomcat.ant?

Thanks for suggestions,
Keith