ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: exporting classpath references from inner Ant builds to outer Ant builds.
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 22:12:38 GMT
Please submit here. Even it gets turned down by Ant, I most likely want your
patch (and I don't monitor Maven). Thanks, --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: James Strachan [mailto:james_strachan@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 4:45 PM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: Re: exporting classpath references from inner Ant builds to outer
Ant builds.

From: "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>
> This sounds kinda risky in that a sub-build could stomp on properties (I
> assume you'd want those exported back up too?) and references that you did
> expect to be altered.  Do you envision any mechanisms for controlling what
> gets exported? All references blindly?  Or some selection mechanism?

I've patched the Ant task to have exportRefs="true|false" and
exportAll="true|false" to be the opposite of inheritRefs and inheritAll.

For now I decided to only export (when the flag is on ;-) those references
or properties which don't already exist in the parent project. So this new
feature will never overwrite anything, only add new things not already
defined in the parent project. This seems a reasonable compromise, that its
safe, it won't change any references/properties if there is a clash.

Seems to work pretty nicely so far; I can submit it here if anyone's
interested, it is a minor patch. Otherwise I'll submit it to Maven...

James