ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ian McFarland <...@neo.com>
Subject Re: MacOS trouble ahead?
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 04:50:20 GMT
Tomcat runs fine for me on OS X, logged in or not. Is the image
processing the issue? (That old AWT framebuffer dependency thing? It's
supposedly fixed in 1.4, but we don't get 1.4 on OS X for a while yet.)

Do send me more info on the problem you're having running headless, and
I'll try to reproduce it here, and try to get it sorted out with Apple
once I do.

And yes, in theory Ant should run under OS 9 and previous, as you say,
since MRJ 2.x is JDK 1.1.8. Seems vaguely masochistic to do that,
though. ;-)

I'll keep doing checkouts every now and then of the 1.5 and current
targets, and report back build problems as they occur.

Note that the main branch (1.6) still fails on test 21. Same way 1.5
used to. Not sure if that means something didn't get merged in that
should have, or what, but I figured you'd want to know.

In the meantime, if there's some other OS X specific thing that needs
attention, or there are key milestones (like RCs and of course FCS)
please feel free to give me a shout. I'm happy to do regressions for you
all you like, or get in there and write code if necessary, too.

Cheers,
-Ian