ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Grey <>
Subject ImageManip
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 23:55:49 GMT
            For those of you who do not know, I've been working on some
Image Manipulation tasks for ANT which utilize JAI.  I've trudged through
quite a bit of the design and implementation of the more simpler operations
and attached is a context diff against the current repository and all the
new java files.  What I decided on was to define one task called ImageManip
which extends MatchingTask.  All the actual image manipulations are
therefore nested types.
If you're interested, please take a look at this simple demo here:
<>    Some enhancements I
think would be useful would be to add color conversion tasks and perhaps
even something to describe layers.  If you have any
thoughts/comments/criticisms don't hesitate to fire off an email to me!
To use this with the current cvs trunk do the following:
Install JAI and make sure the JAI libs are in the CLASSPATH.
Apply the imagemanip.diff to your checked out jakarta-ant module
Unzip under the jakarta-ant module.
            Try out some of the demos on that webpage.
Kevin Z Grey
Software Engineer
dynamicsoft, Inc
72 Eagle Rock Avenue