ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Grey <KG...@dynamicsoft.com>
Subject ImageManip
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 23:55:49 GMT

Heya,

            For those of you who do not know, I've been working on some
Image Manipulation tasks for ANT which utilize JAI.  I've trudged through
quite a bit of the design and implementation of the more simpler operations
and attached is a context diff against the current repository and all the
new java files.  What I decided on was to define one task called ImageManip
which extends MatchingTask.  All the actual image manipulations are
therefore nested types.
If you're interested, please take a look at this simple demo here:
http://www.kzgrey.com/projects/ant_im/demo.html
<http://www.kzgrey.com/projects/ant_im/demo.html>    Some enhancements I
think would be useful would be to add color conversion tasks and perhaps
even something to describe layers.  If you have any
thoughts/comments/criticisms don't hesitate to fire off an email to me!

To use this with the current cvs trunk do the following:

Install JAI and make sure the JAI libs are in the CLASSPATH.
Apply the imagemanip.diff to your checked out jakarta-ant module
Unzip imagemanip.zip under the jakarta-ant module.
Run build.sh/bat
            Try out some of the demos on that webpage.

~~K
Kevin Z Grey
Software Engineer

dynamicsoft, Inc