ant-dev mailing list archives

From Chad Loder <>
Subject RE: Ant <project> extension, templatized build files
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 21:32:49 GMT
Knut, that's an interesting approach -- care to share some
examples? It sounds like getting inter-project dependencies
to work is an important goal.

Currently I'm just struggling with getting mutual dependencies
to execute at most once (GNUmake style) while retaining the
abilitiy to use and <antcall>. Hrm... :)

At Friday 5/3/2002 02:32 PM +0200, you wrote:
>I have been using a similar approch myself:
>o I have a project descriptor for every top-level project which lists the
>individual subprojects, dependencies between subprojects and on other
>top-level projects.  The dependencies are compile time dependencies, meaning
>that if project a depends on b, b has to be built first and place the
>resulting class files in a known location.
>o There is a buildfile template for both top-level and subproject buildfiles
>(essentially all the same).
>o With an XSLT stylesheet I generate buildfiles for the top-level project
>and one for every subproject.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message