ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <>
Subject Re: custom selector problem
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 19:45:32 GMT
At 11:51 AM 5/21/2002 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>Take a look at the recent version of develop.html (the "Supporting
>nested elements" section) and see whether this helps.

Thanks. I think I understand from the code what the basic difference is. I
even understand conceptually - you are initializing depth first versus
breadth first. What I don't understand is what the impact is on the rest of
the code during a build, particularly with regard to instantiations that
seem to go "missing" like in my reference problem or Erik's example.

In thinking about it now, the only reason that I can see to use
addConfigured() is if the add* method wants to do something
programmatically with the element object passed in rather than deferring
that until execute() time. Are there any other reasons to use addConfigured()?

I'll go over the code again and make sure I don't break the rule to leave
all execution to the execute() part of the life cycle. If I follow that
religiously, I hope that I would never need addConfigured(). Somebody
please contradict me if I am wrong.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message