ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <>
Subject Selectors documentation and a Reference bug fix
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 18:54:43 GMT
Here is the documentation on Selectors, along with a bug fix for the
Reference issue that Erik pointed out. It fixes the problem by adding a
<select> tag that can be used outside of a target to create Selector

It is the only selector for which references are valid, but it turns out
that this is similar to other types of references. The reference system
does not appear to support referencing a class defined within one target in
another since the attributes of the classes get reset. If I am wrong about
this please let me know, but I tried many ways to get references to carry
between targets and it never seemed to work. Once I pulled the definition
outside of a target, things worked fine. It is as if there was a target
scope for the attributes of a class, but a project scope for its reference.

I've included two files for documentation. One describes selectors, and the
other describes how to write your own. There isn't a directory for
development instructions (the others are kept in the manual directory) so I
just left it in the CoreTypes directory. Feel free to move it if that is wrong.

If someone could review, add the files and apply the patch, I'd appreciate
it. I'll be finishing the test cases soon.

View raw message