ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: A logger issue
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 13:28:23 GMT
Michael Zhou wrote:
> Hi,
>

> # ant -projecthelp
> The console output is:
>
> Buildfile: build.xml
> Main targets:
>
> test  ???????
>
> Default target: test
>
> That is because these messages are output by calling System.out.println,
> and in turn captured and forwared by ant. The problem is that the
> System.out/System.err converts the Non-English characters to "?" BEFORE
> forward these messages to logger handler!
>
> It's a big problem to me!
>
> Why not use PrintWriter instead of PrintStream?  It's more natural to
> Unicode and Java.

Michael, Can you try the attached patch (against 1.5 Branch). I think it
should give you the behaviour you desire. Please test and let me know.

If it is OK, I'll leave it up to Magesh to decide whether to apply and
include in the second beta, otherwise I'll commiy after the beta2 is built
and it will make the final build.

Conor