ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick (Gus) Heck" <patrick.h...@olin.edu>
Subject Re: please reccomend a jdk for testing 1.1 compatability on linux
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 16:15:40 GMT
Thanks much for the ANT_OPTS setting. That did the trick. The only
problem is as soon as I got it compiled, I did build.sh test... and you
guessed it found a test failing under 1.1

AvailableTest dies on test21:

I looked at the xml file for this test and it seems that the classpath
they have defined assumes that jarfiles are in the ${java.home}/lib
directory, but the 1.1 from blackdown isn't organized this way. Also
there are some funky looking absolute paths that don't make any sense to
me, but I assume they are for some special case I don't appriciate.

This doesn't impact my work, and I don't have time to fix it, but
someone might want
to look at it.

Gus

As food for thought here is the xml bit for test21, the test case simply
tests that test=="true".

  <target name="test21">
    <available property="test" ignoresystemclasses="true"
               classname="java.awt.Graphics">
      <classpath>
        <pathelement location="${java.home}/lib/rt.jar" />
        <pathelement location="${java.home}/lib/classes.jar" />
        <pathelement
location="/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Classes/classes.jar"

/>
        <pathelement
location="/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Classes/ui.jar"

/>
      </classpath>
    </available>
  </target>